What is MOPS?
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is a group for mothers of children aged 0 – 6 years of age that meets once a fortnight during school term.
MOPS gets Mums. We understand the unique needs, challenges and joys in this vital season of early mothering. At MOPS every mum is welcomed, accepted and challenged to reach her potential and recognise her influence with her family and her world. MOPS is a program of the local church where mums with young children can come just as they are to make friends, enjoy time out from kids, have fun, and gain confidence in mothering. Children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.
Each MOPS meeting comprises of 4 different aspects: an icebreaker, morning tea, a speaker and a creative activity.
What help are we looking for?
- Assistance with advertising MOPS to women with young children to join the program.
- Assistance with encouraging other church groups to start their own MOPS group in Toowoomba and surrounds
- Advertising for carers to help with child minding while the Mothers are meeting
- Advertising for hospitality helpers to help prepare food for Mums and children, serve and clean up after morning tea
- Advertising for Mature Christian Women with children older that 6 years to serve as Mentors during the MOPS meetings
- Prayer support